First time with an online riddle? Not knowing what the hell is going on and needing some guidance? Well, this is just the place for you!
know what you're supposed to do..., right? You're presented with a riddle, consisting of an image, some text (usually), and a source code.
URLs are gateways between levels, meaning that in order to progress further you have to alter it (and add .htm, obviously), so that it contains your answer, basically. It does get wild sometimes but you'll be fine, I promise.
But how do I figure out the answer? Hint please? Hint?? What do I do? What is going on? What?? Hint?? I don't get it?? It's all bollocks, help me please??
Worry not, I am here to give you a hand! I've got some hints that might just come in handy while attempting to solve Shriddle:
- Discord verification - it's there to log your progress and help us tell whether you're a cool, legit player, or a hideous cheater. Fret not, your data is safe. All we get to know is your discord username and ID (the weird numbers). You have to verify yourself on every "checkpoint" to continue.
- Should you come across a password-protected level, just enter your answer in the password box and not in the URL. Username and password are both found in the same manner, meaning you don't have to look for them separately. "password!" note means you need to use "shriddle" as a username, since you're only required to find a password.
- Always make sure to check the source code thoroughly. Who knows what secrets could it be keeping from ya?
- Sometimes you might have to use a piece of external software to help you with along the way. No worries, everything you'll ever need is available online for free.
- You've probably noticed the google search bar on some levels. Its presence means, that you probably have to use said google bar to find the answer on the internet somewhere. It can be really confusing though, because, well, knowledge is subjective. You might know everything about all the ciphers used throughout the history of mankind, but in the same time you might have never heard of, I dunno, musical notation, or subtracting basic numbers. If there is no google bar, you can technically solve the riddle without looking things up online, which however doesn't mean it's prohibited!
- Make yourself familiar with some of the most common file extensions. All files look different with different extensions, e.g. photo.jpg is just a picture, whereas photo.zip is a compressed folder of files. It's rarely the case, but when it is, you know you're on a good track.
- We like confusing you, so you never know whether a lead you've found is relevant or not. If you're stuck overthinking a random word in italics, or one of those hidden in the source code, you might want to move on and look for something else.
- LEVEL 1: Click to continue, huh? Who the hell enters places through windows?
- LEVEL 2: Finally, a civilised entrance. Off we go, then?
Well, we don't. Somebody closed the door, no clicking to continue this time. Let's see what's above the door, shall we?
- LEVEL 3: He hates creative people, let's try being quite the opposite then!
- LEVEL 4: Who is Auguste Rodin and why is he even mentioned? Doing something on every level? Why don't we stop and think about it... Or maybe about the sculpture we can see?
- LEVEL 5: A two-headed pigeon lost something. What could it be? Also, I'm pretty sure pigeons don't woof or bark. Not the ones I've met at least.
- LEVEL 6 AND BEYOND: This is where we part ways. Think for yourself from now on, okay?
Level 30+ rules:
- From now on, all URLs end with ".php", not ".htm", for obvious reasons.
- The infamous google bar. It is known to cause a lot of confusion and distress among players, mainly because whether a thing is google-able or not is entirely up to you. Therefore, we've decided to get rid of it completely. We won't be implying anything from now on: should you need to google anything, go ahead! Just keep in mind, that it's no longer an indicator of having to dig through 37 years of the internet in order to find the answer.
Every level requires you to be logged in with Discord for safety purposes. Just use this login and password: shriddle:brzoskwinia